Marc de Sousa-Shields is an international sustainable development and investment consultant. He co-founded and was first Executive Director of the Social Investment Organization (SIO) of Canada and has been an advisor to the United Nations and a member of the US Social Investment Forum International Committee. Marc has written for leading on-line corporate sustainability magazines, and the Sustainable Century blog and podcast. Marc’s latest book “Invest Like You Give a Damn: Make Money, Change the World, Sleep Well at Night” is a DIY book for impact investing.
“The fundamental core of sustainability is to be able to identify your values and then put them to work in your life.” ~Marc de Sousa-Shields, Author of Invest Like You Give a Damn #impactinvesting w/@csrcounts @NewSocietyPub > > > #sustainability #podcast asustainablemind.com040 pic.twitter.com/6TmhguIPNt
— A Sustainable Mind (@SustainableMind) March 11, 2018
Marc de Sousa-Shields Online:
Marc on LinkedIn
Marc on Twitter
Book & Resources Suggestions:
Canada World Youth – world-renowned international volunteer programs
*DISCLAIMER – always consult a financial advisor, accountant or CPA before making financial decisions. The links below are provided for your convenience as a list of resources mentioned during this episode and are not endorsed by A Sustainable Mind or Marjorie Alexander*
Research & Education:
- Morning Star Independent Investment Research
- Veritas Investments – “Sustainability and Improving Our Environment” page – Committed to improving our environment both locally and globally and has formed a wholly owned subsidiary – SF GoGreen – to better focus on eco-friendly, sustainability initiatives.
- First Affirmative Financial Network – First Affirmative offers asset management and consulting services to individual and institutional investors seeking to align investment decision-making with personal values and/or institutional missions.
- Calvert Impact Capital – Non-profit investment firm that works with investors to move capital into 100 mission-driven organizations worldwide that have a social and/or environmental focus.
Funds to consider:
Quick Tip from Marc:
- Save a little money and then hire a financial advisor. It may cost $200-1000 but it will be very much worth it
Invest Like You Give a Damn: Make Money, Change the World, Sleep Well at Night by Marc de Sousa-Shields
Ruling Your World: Ancient Strategies For Modern Life by Sakyong Mipham