Today we are joined by Will Allen, the Vice President of Conservation Services and Director of Strategic Conservation Planning at The Conservation Fund in Chapel Hill, NC. In addition to overseeing four business lines – the Freshwater Institute, the Resourceful Communities Program, Strategic Conservation Planning, and the Conservation Leadership Network, Will manages and provides guidance for so much more at the Fund. He is also the author of the upcoming book The Science of Strategic Conservation.
In this episode we cover:
- What exactly is the definition of “protected” land?
- Is there a way to prevent protected land from being rolled back for oil, gas and mineral leases?
- What are the first steps toward getting your private land or public lands in your local area protected?
This week features Will Allen, VP of Conservation Services at the @ConservationFnd. In this eps we discuss what exactly #protectedlands are, the #conservation of #publiclands, and how you can go about getting land protected in your own community. https://t.co/PeNJKkM6q8 pic.twitter.com/G1dveC1CwD
— A Sustainable Mind (@SustainableMind) July 12, 2018
The Conservation Fund Online:
- The Conservation Fund homepage
- Resources, lots and lots of super helpful resources
- Celebrating 20 years of Conservation Leadership and other blog entries
- Social Media
Resources and Book Suggestion From Will Allen:
Flight Memory – track your air travel…
Then offset your carbon footprint with The Conservation Fund’s Go Zero program
Check out Will’s Book! The Science of Strategic Conservation: Protecting More with Less