Kate Williams is CEO of 1% for the Planet, a global movement inspiring businesses and individuals to support environmental nonprofit solutions, through annual membership and everyday actions. Kate stepped into her role at 1% for the Planet in May 2015 bringing a strong track record as a leader, including roles as Board Chair of the National Outdoor Leadership School (NOLS), as Executive Director of the Northern Forest Canoe Trail, as founder and owner of a farm business enterprise, and as an elected political leader in her community. Kate earned a BA at Princeton University where she majored in history, and an MS at the MIT Sloan School of Management where she focused on organizational systems. Kate is a master’s distance runner, kitchen gardener, and always wants more time to read and write. Kate lives in Vermont with her husband and two children.
In this episode we cover:
- How companies that are not yet walking the walk can still help the environmental movement
- How perfection can be the enemy of progress to any worth-while cause
- Some of the benefits and challenges of environmental philanthropy
- How 1%FTP makes it easy for anyone (not just companies and non-profits) to give back and help the planet
1% for the Planet Online:
- 1% for the Planet – A global network of businesses, nonprofits and individuals working together for a healthy planet. More than $175 Million dollars given back to the environment.
- 1%FTP on Social Media: Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
- Kate Williams on Social Media: LinkedIn
- Learn more: Join the Mailing List | Read the 1%FTP mission | Join the cause!
Resources suggestions from Katherine:
The ONE Thing by Gary Keller and Jay Papasan