Born in Moldova, Izolda Trakhtenberg learned how to communicate in multiple languages through a year-long immigration process. Today, Izolda facilitates workshops that inspire people to tap into and master their leadership, creativity, and communication skills. She worked as an educator for the National Geographic Society. Later, she traveled the world as a NASA environmental education trainer. Additionally, she is the author of five books, including Speak From Within: Engage, Inspire and Motivate Any Audience. She is also the host of the Creative Mindset Podcast. Izolda, her husband, and their two cats live in Maryland.
In this episode we cover:
- Is there a difference between educating children and adults?
- Why is NASA interested in studying Earth?
- The most effective way to educate those around you about earth-friendly habits
- A great free resource for teachers and everyday people that want to study Earth’s ecology and atmosphere
Izolda Trakhtenberg Online:
- The Creative Kind and Tell Your Story Better have been combined into one show! Check it out here: https://izoldat.com/creativemindset/
- Izolda’s book, Speak From Within
- Social Media
- Book Izolda for a presentation!
Suggestions & Resource from Izolda:
- Globe.gov – A Worldwide Science and Education Program
- Who does Izolda look up to in the field of environmental activism?
- International Fund for Animal Welfare
- NASA image library (now public domain)
- Earth in the Balance by Al Gore
- Small Wonder by Barbara Kingsolver
- Silent Spring by Rachel Carson
- Blue Gold by Maude Barlow
My soil science outing with Izolda: