Dirty Gourmet is a women-owned outdoor company dedicated to empowering outdoorists to make food a part of their soul-nourishing outdoor experience. The founders of Dirty Gourmet, Mai-Yan Kwan, Emily Nielson, and Aimee Trudeau together after a bike tour across Canada and years of camp life took it upon themselves to rethink the idea of food in the outdoors. Whether you’re a car camper getting started with a picky family to feed, or a lightweight backpacker looking for inspiration to get you to your destination, they have plenty of tips and recipes for you on our website and in their cookbook, Dirty Gourmet: Food for your Outdoor Adventures.
In this episode we cover:
- How splitting up your trip types into 3 categories is important to enjoying cooking and eating awesome food in the great outdoors
- Two must-follow rules for enjoying cooking during your outdoor adventures
- A super easy homemade granola recipe!
Emily Nielson and Dirty Gourmet Online:
- Dirty Gourmet website: DirtyGourmet.com
- My favorite recipes on the blog:
- Dirty Gourmet on Social Media:
- Dirty Gourmet: Food for your Outdoor Adventures
Suggested Resources from Emily:
Suggested online resource: