Bea Johnson is one of today’s foremost experts in the area of zero-waste living and voluntary simplicity. She is most well-known for being able to fit her family of four’s trash for an entire year into a quart-sized jar. She has helped people all over the world achieve various levels of voluntary simplicity and eco-friendly living through her blog ZeroWasteHome.com and her book by the same name. She continues to spread the zero-waste message through talks which she gives all over the world.
The turning point
- By living with less we all of a sudden had more time to do the things we enjoyed doing
How she got started
- Eliminated plastic bags
- Bought all dry goods in bulk
- Made reusable bags out of an old sheet
- Patagonia 3-way Jacket
- Bulk app, for finding stores that sell items in bulk, populated by members of the voluntary simplicity and zero waste community
- vrbo.com and airbnb.com for renting out your home
- relayrides.com for renting out your car
- eliminating junk mail
Do you like A Sustainable Mind? Don’t forget to subscribe, share, and rate & review.
Did you know that ASM is a 501(c)3 charitable organization? Become one of our donors with a tax-deductible donation on https://ASustainableMind.WeDid.it