Stay Up To Date!
Get event and episode updates
Rob Greenfield is a world-renowned adventurer and activist and is embarking on his next big project, Food Freedom. Through Rob’s extreme projects from cycling across the USA on a bamboo bicycle for sustainability (three times), to dumpster diving in thousands of grocery store dumpsters to raise awareness about food waste and hunger, to wearing 30 days worth of trash to create a visual of how much trash just one American creates, he has inspired countless people to positively change. Rob has been featured on thousands of media outlets around the world, hosted shows on Discovery Channel and has given two TEDx talks. You can see his media page here.
In this episode we cover:
- Rob’s journey from nature-loving kid, to materialistic teen, to environmental changemaker
- Some of Rob’s favorite adventures and experiments
- How his choice to give up his computer caused him to question his impact in the world
- Rob’s best advice for those just getting started in eco-conscious living
Rob Greenfield Online:
- Social Media: Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
- Rob’s current project Food Freedom
- The Trash Me experiment where Rob wore all the trash he produced for 30 days
- Some of my favorite blog articles by Rob
- What is My Heart’s Deepest Desire?
- How to Create an Environmental Activism Campaign
- One of Rob’s bamboo bike tours: Goodfluence Tour
Suggestions & Green Resource from Rob:
- Take 12 hours off from devices each day if you can and go tech-free for 1 full day each week.
- Learn about Winona LaDuke and other inspiring people at RobGreenfield.tv/people
- Learn about educational and moving films at RobGreenfield.tv/films
- Check out the project, film and books from the Story of Stuff
- Anything by Gandhi and MLK (access Gandhi’s writing free at Gandhi Serve Foundation)
- The Moneyless Man and other books by Mark Boyle