Laird Christensen has dedicated his life to environmental activism and finding ways to create more sustainable communities. He has been an author, activist and educator during his career and that is how I came to know Laird, through his courses at Green Mountain College, where received my Masters in Environmental Studies. Laird is the Director of GMC’s latest masters program in Resilient and Sustainable Communities and in this episode we discuss his upbringing and his inspiration for developing the program.
- Mindfulness, learned from the teachings of Thich Nhat Hanh, which focused on awareness and compassion
Most Unexpected Gift in Developing MRSC
- Laird learned from his students what it means to build community in different places all around the country.
- Post Carbon Institute – Empowers people to live healthier lives by covering research and education to change consumer habits.
Sustainable Mindset Book
- A Sand County Almanac and Sketches Here and There by Aldo Leopold
- Green Mountain College Masters of Science in Resilient & Sustainable Communities (MRSC)
- MRSC Facebook Page
Do you like A Sustainable Mind? Don’t forget to subscribe, share, and rate & review.
Did you know that ASM is a 501(c)3 charitable organization? Become one of our donors with a tax-deductible donation on https://ASustainableMind.WeDid.it