Doug Parsons first learned about adaptation in Queensland, Australia, while focusing on the impacts of climate change on the agriculture sector. Upon returning to the United States, he worked with Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission, the National Park Service and the Society for Conservation Biology. His work has been modeled by state and federal agencies and he continues to work on climate change adaptation and conservation issues today.
In this episode we cover:
- How Doug got started in podcasting
- What exactly adaptation is and how it differs from sustainability
- The vocabulary and semantics of climate solutions: mitigation, resiliency, sustainability, adaptation…what do they all mean?
- Why adaptation is an important consideration alongside traditional environmental sustainability
- Lots of fantastic resources!
Visit Doug Parsons at AmericaAdapts.org
Get resources from this episode at ASustainableMind.com/056