Joel Solomon is Co-Author of The Clean Money Revolution: Reinventing Power, Purpose, and Capitalism. As a Founding Partner of Renewal Funds, a $98 million mission venture capital firm, he has invested in over 100 early growth-stage companies in North America, delivering above market returns while catalyzing positive social and environmental change. Joel is a founding member of Social Venture Network, Businesses for Social Responsibility, Chair of Hollyhock, Co-Producer of RSF’s “Integrated Capital Institute”, and serves on the University of British Columbia Board of Governors.
In this episode we cover:
- How Joel’s experiences with cancer, working with Jimmy Carter and becoming the caretaker of an orca research lab led him to have a deep appreciation for nature
- What venture capital is and why is it important to our economy
- How Renewal Funds and other companies are giving back to the environment in a big way
- The connection between love and money
Joel Solomon Online:
- Social Media: Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
- Joel is the co-author of the new book The Clean Money Revolution: Reinventing Power, Purpose, and Capitalism
Suggestions from Joel:
“Political engagement,” spend more time reading “sources of political thinking, interviews, and analysis that meet enough of our values and to stay informed and to care,”
“Read more books from people and voices who have been left out of the equation”
Do you like A Sustainable Mind? Don’t forget to subscribe, share, and rate & review.
Did you know that ASM is now a 501(c)3 charitable organization? Become one of our donors with a tax-deductible donation on ASustainableMind.WeDid.it.