After finding out that over 165 million single-use cups end up in landfills every day, Vince Dickson and Megan Williams went looking for a reusable alternative that was convenient and easy to carry around all day, every day. They couldn’t find one so they created HUNU, a reusable cup that folds down small enough to fit into even the tightest pockets.
Wondrium offers documentaries, series, lessons, how-to’s, and more, on any topic you can imagine. Watch on any device and on the go! To get your free trial go to Wondrium.com/ASM
In this episode Marjorie and Vince discuss:
- Consciousness about personal environmental impact and what determines a person’s choices about things like reusables.
- What led to Vince and Megan coming up with the design for the HUNU cup and what features make it unique.
- The important role that usability, portability, and aesthetics play in popularizing reusables.
Resources mentioned in today’s episode:
- EcoAge Sustainable business experts: https://eco-age.com/
- Good on You sustainable clothing: https://goodonyou.eco/
- Sea Shepherd: https://www.seashepherdglobal.org/
- Sapiens by Yuval Noah Harari: https://amzn.to/3r0A1vM
Connect with Vince and the HUNU Team:
- Website: wearehunu.com
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/wearehunu/
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw_aYKhyT7Acmx5ZjJ3JFyg
Connect with Marjorie Alexander:
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/asustainablemind/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/SustainableMind
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/asustainablemind/
- Website: https://www.asustainablemind.com
Interested in sponsoring or supporting A Sustainable Mind? Visit our sponsorship page at ASustainableMind.com/sponsor!