Pallavi Pande started Dtocs three years ago with three things in mind, sustainability, community, and usability. Dtocs offers a line of compostable tableware from naturally fallen palm leaves from farms where she has personal relationships with the owners and farmers. Pallavi is also a woman of color and a mother of two young Dtocs brand ambassadors. She is hoping that Dtocs can be an elegant, sturdy, and affordable solution for a plastic-free world.
Use the promo code DTOCS10 for 10% off any order at http://www.Dtocs.com!
Climate Talks is a new podcast exploring sustainability and the ways that we communicate about the climate. Catch season 1 now as host Sophia Li interviews climate optimists, investigating the steps we can take to work towards a more sustainable future. https://pod.link/1592523204
In this episode Marjorie and Pallavi discuss:
- Raising eco-conscious children
- The wide range of uses and the durability of palm leaf products
- How palm leaves are grown and retrieved and the process they undergo to be made into reusable flatware and tableware
- The impact that Dtocs is having in the community where the leaves are harvested
Resources mentioned in today’s episode:
- Julia Butterfly Hill, activist and author of The Legacy of Luna
- Business Wars podcast
- Book: Atomic Habits
Connect with Pallavi Pande:
- Website: https://Dtocs.com
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/DtocsL
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/57414687/admin/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dtocsplates
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/dtocsplates/
Connect with Marjorie Alexander:
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/asustainablemind/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/SustainableMind
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/asustainablemind/
- Website: https://www.asustainablemind.com
Interested in sponsoring or supporting A Sustainable Mind? Visit our sponsorship page at ASustainableMind.com/sponsor!