Seth Mansur is a longtime sustainability advocate and Marine Corps veteran, and over the last decade, he has developed a deep understanding of a multitude of energy management solutions. Seth’s work serves the energy needs of Commercial, Industrial, and Non-Profit Organizations and his primary objective is to help organizations take a proactive approach to evaluating and taking action on their energy needs.
Climate Talks is a new podcast exploring sustainability and the ways that we communicate about the climate. Catch season one now as host Sophia Li interviews climate optimists, investigating the steps we can take to work towards a more sustainable future. Listen here: https://pod.link/1592523204
In this episode Marjorie and Seth discuss:
- What exactly is energy management, why does it matter, and how does it differ between residential to commercial buildings
- Why are energy bills so difficult to read!
- The role of energy audits and energy monitors and determining if your situation would benefit from these tools
- What peak energy means and why it’s so expensive
- Community choice aggregation or deregulated energy options
- What the energy grid of the future could look like and what happens to energy monopolies when a majority of users switch to renewables
Resources mentioned in today’s episode:
- Ecovillage Findhorn in Scotland
- Station A – the first AI-powered clean energy marketplace
- Seth’s mentor Dr. John Gerber, Professor of Sustainable Food and Farming at the University of Massachusetts
- William McDonough, founder of Cradle to Cradle design
- Book: Cradle to Cradle: Remaking The Way We Make Things
- Solar Ready Vets program
Connect with Seth Mansur:
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sethmansur/
Connect with Marjorie Alexander:
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/asustainablemind/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/SustainableMind
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/asustainablemind/
- Website: https://www.asustainablemind.com
Interested in sponsoring or supporting A Sustainable Mind? Visit our sponsorship page at ASustainableMind.com/sponsor!